Welcome to American Falls School District
Thank you for visiting the American Falls School District, one of the top school districts in Idaho. We invite you to explore our website to tour information concerning our district or any of our schools.
Committed to Excellence in Education
Randy Jensen - Superintendent
827 Fort Hall - American Falls, Idaho 83211
Phone: (208) 226-5173 - Fax: (208) 226-5754)
Looking to the Future The New J.R. Simplot Elementary School
JR Simplot Elementary School
Friday 11:00 amGovernor Brad Little and members of the Simplot family will come to American Falls on Friday, Aug. 16, for a ribbon cutting at the new J.R. Simplot Elementary School, which willreplace the old American FallsIntermediate School. The ribboncutting will be held at 11 a.m.
JR Simplot Elementary School
August 26th - Monday From
From 8:00-11:30 and 12:30-3:00
Guided tours at
- 9:00 am
- 10:00 am
- 1:00 pm
- 2:00 pm
- There will be no regular classes Monday, Aug. 26, Instead, students and parents can come to the school to meet teachers and see classrooms. Members of the community who want to see the new school may also come that day.
Regular classes will start
Tuesday, Aug. 27
Labor Day (No School)
- We are pleased to provide an outstanding education to our students.
- To prepare students to interact productively and effectively in society.
- To teach students the necessary academic and life skills for future education and be job ready.
The nearly 1500 students with approximately 100 staff and 125 classified personnel are here to serve our students and parents in our four schools and one alternative school. We offer a variety of specialty programs including:
- Dual enrollment classes at the high school
- Gifted and talented programs at elementary
- Gear-Up college preparatory for middle school and high school
- Professional Technical Education and our award winning FFA program and
STEM is a curriculum based on the idea of educating students in four specific disciplines —
In an interdisciplinary and applied approach. Rather than teach the four disciplines as separate and discrete subjects, STEM integrates them into a cohesive learning paradigm based on real-world applications.
In the American Falls School District, you will find:
- Commitment to college and career readiness
- Preparation for Idaho core and the development of creativity and thinking skills with an emphasis on integration of technology
- A safe and secure learning environment
- Caring and compassionate staff committed to providing the best education for each and every child
- Opportunities for meaningful parent involvement
- Commitment to the Arts including: band and choir programs beginning in the elementary grades. The district’s outstanding art program offers course work including ceramics, painting and drawing at the middle school and high school levels
School Supplies Information
All required school supplies for your students will be purchased by the school district for this school year.
This includes two combination locks for middle school students.
Optional items such as backpacks and trapper-keepers will NOT be purchased by the school district.
Photographs of Historic American Falls, Idaho